COVID-19 RemindersJuly 24, 2020
The recent detection of COVID-19 cases in some local schools gives us a sharp reminder that our community safety is not guaranteed, despite previous good management.
Geelong Hockey Association requests that all participants and their extended family members remain very aware of the possibility of infection, and take all the actions recommended by Government and health authorities to prevent the spread of infection.
- Practise good hygiene. Wash your hands frequently, and avoid touching your face, eyes or nose.
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
- Understand the risk and symptoms.
- Help continue to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) by getting tested, even if you have mild symptoms.
- Stay home and avoid contact if you’re feeling unwell.
- After testing, stay home and avoid contact until you receive your result.
- If you live outside metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire then you should wear a face covering when you leave home if it is difficult to keep 1.5 metres apart from others.
- Take care wherever you go, assume others may be carrying the virus.
Further information is available from https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/staying-safe-covid-19
Local Competition Rules
The commencement of the junior hockey competition was much enjoyed by both players and parents. Please remember the circumstances under which our competitions are permitted to operate, whether at Lloyd Reserve or Stead Park.
- Spectators may attend matches, with 1 adult permitted per junior player.
- Spectators should space themselves around the facility, with a maximum of 10 people congregating in 1 group. Every attempt should be made to maintain 1.5m distance at all times – including within a “spectator” group of 10. Do not move between groups, but remain with the same group or in a space by yourself.
- Regular use of handwashing facilities and sanitiser is strongly encouraged.
- Toilets and changerooms will be open, but no more than 2 people should be in each area at any one time. The social area of the pavilion will be closed. The canteen will be open but will only be selling drinks.
- Participants are encouraged to leave promptly after their game to avoid congestion and possible infection spread.
- Junior teams may arrive for their game no earlier than 10 minutes before the scheduled start. The time between games is not to be considered as warm up time.
- Handshakes and high fives are not permitted.
- Spitting is not permitted at any time, and should be penalised with a green card.