Fantastic Facilities For Hockey!February 19, 2021
The Geelong Hockey Association Strategic Plan has 6 Focus Pillars, all very important in providing a welcoming and inclusive hockey community which continues to attract and retain members.
- Membership Growth
- Facilities Management
- Grants and Fundraising
The aim of the Facilities Pillar is to plan and guide the development and maintenance of facilities used by the Geelong Hockey Association, mainly at Stead Park but also at other locations used by the Association and its clubs.
There are a number of possible projects which could involve oversight or input by this Pillar:
- Replacement of the synthetic surface of Pitch 1. Replacement is needed in the next 12 months in order to maintain a safe playing surface. The cost of this project is estimated to range from $420,000 to $1.1 million depending on the inclusion or not of new lights and watering capacity.
- Heating and cooling modifications to Stead Park pavilion. There is currently a grant application submitted for this project.
- Renovations to Stead Park pavilion to include additional change rooms, toilets, public toilets, storage, larger canteen and kitchen facilities
- Additional facility located between Pitch 1 & 2 at Stead Park, with change rooms, public toilets, first aid and associated grandstand seating
- Shade cover over existing seating at Stead Park
- Additional synthetic pitches located at Torquay and Newtown
- Extension to the pavilion at Lloyd Reserve to include additional toilets, change rooms, storage, social area, kitchen and canteen facilities
- Hockey training facility in the Golden Plains Shire
- Hockey training facility in the Bellarine Peninsula
If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please let us know.
Alan Climpson is the Chairperson of the Facilities Pillar. Alan is looking to form a team of interested members, 1 from each club as a minimum, with the ability to co-opt others when required for specific projects.
The aim is to develop a plan for what is required in the short term, and then to look longer term to ensure that the Geelong Hockey Association anticipates future needs and remains ahead in its planning. The Facilities Pillar would prepare a plan and submit proposals to the GHA executive for approval, and then work to make them a reality. The Facilities Pillar will also work in conjunction with the Grants & Fundraising Pillar
If you would like to be involved in the planning and achievement of great facilities, or have skills or expertise to contribute (e.g. plumber, electrician, draughtsman, architect, builder, fundraiser etc.) please feel free to contact Alan.
Chairperson Facilities Pillar
Phone: 0400 047133