Pre-Season Training BeginsMarch 1, 2021
The pitches at Stead Park are now available for pre-season training.
Check the GHA training roster 2021 to see when your club is allocated space. Clubs are asked to confirm the starting date for their training sessions with Alan Climpson. If there are any queries, please contact Alan.
COVID Safe training plans are still in place as published by HV Return to Hockey Guidelines.
- Any person who is experiencing COVID symptoms or is waiting on a test result should not attend the venue.
- All persons aged 12 and over must carry a face mask (unless there is a lawful exemption) and wear it when you cannot maintain 1.5 metres distance from others.
- Contact sport and training is permitted for both junior and adult players.
- Training groups should be limited to a maximum of 50 people on half a pitch.
- Spectators may attend but should not gather in groups of more than 50 people, and must maintain 1.5 m distance or wear a face mask.
- Movement of coaches, support staff and players between groups should be limited.
- Training groups should remain constant in each session and not mix with other groups. Leave a 5 m exclusion zone between your group and the next.
- No high fives, hugs, handshakes, spitting or contact.
- Do not share equipment. Avoid touching the ball or other equipment used for training.
- Wash your hands frequently and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- All groups should vacate the ground 15 minutes before the allocated end of your training time in order to allow for cleaning and disinfection before the next group commences.
- Get in, train, get out! Enter and leave promptly for your training session. Do not arrive early and congregate in groups!
- All members are strongly encouraged to have purchased 2021 Hockey Victoria membership before training as this will provide personal accident insurance.
Recording of attendees
If your club expects to have more than 50 people training / half pitch, you are advised to use a pre-booking system.
However, recording those who do attend is ESSENTIAL.
- Enter via the gate on the left, and leave through the other gate when finished training.
- ALL PERSONS who enter the Stead Park venue must check in using the QR code located on the wall as you enter. You can check in using your Hockey Victoria membership and password. If you do not have HV membership, you can enter your individual details in the form linked to the QR code.
- If you have difficulty scanning the QR code, use the link at the bottom of the QR code to access the form directly.
- When you leave, check out again using the QR code. If you checked by entering your individual details, you are unable to check out so just go.
- Remember to bring your phone with you to check in. Parents – make sure that you check your child in when you bring them.