Geelong Hockey Association Resources
Local Rules for Hockey Geelong Competitions.
The following local rules apply for Hockey Geelong competitions for the winter season.
- Match times for Hockey Geelong competitions are:
- Senior men and women – 35 minute halves plus 5 minutes half time
- U10 to U17 junior – 25 minute halves plus 5 minutes half time
- U8 – 20 minute halves plus 5 minutes half time
- Tomahawk shots are allowed for U12, U14, U17 competitions as long as the stick is not raised above the shoulder and the shot is not dangerous or does not lead to dangerous play.
- In U17 competitions, a girl must take the first shot at a short corner. If there is no girl on the field at the time for the attacking team, the first shot at goal may be taken by a male but must be a push.
- Teams are asked to avoid intentionally passing the ball more than 5 m from the circle in order to allow a hit by a male.
- For the 2019 men’s competition – In the last 4 rounds of the home and away competition, a Division 2 team may not include more than 2 players who are classed as Division 1 players.
- For the 2019 men’s competition – when any match features a D1 team competing against a D2 team, umpires shall award Best and Fairest votes (3,2,1) to both teams, and record both separately on the team sheet.
Geelong Hockey Association Resources and Forms
- G21 Regional Hockey Strategy Survey
- HV Regional Participation Plan
- HV Elite Junior Player Pathway
- Procedures for Managing Results and Team Lists (2017) PDF WORD
- Umpire Report Form (2017) PDF WORD
- Incident Report Form (2017) PDF WORD
- Code of Conduct (2010)
- Geelong Hockey Association Communication Policy
- Sports Foundation Letter to Members
- Geelong Hockey Sports Foundation Donation Form
- Hockey Geelong rules
- Competition By Laws (updated May 2018)
- Under 8 (Minkey) Hockey
- GHA First Aid Policy and Procedures
- HOCKEY GEELONG SHARKS JUNIOR REPRESENTATIVE POLICY (2019)
- Hockey Geelong Financial Policy (2018)
- Hockey Geelong Inclusion Policy (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Junior Representative Policy (2019)
- Hockey Geelong Member Protection Policy (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Organisational Structure (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Social Media Policy (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Staff and Volunteer Management Policy (2017)
- Hockey Victoria Greater Geelong Development Plan 2015 -2020
- Hockey Geelong Behaviour Management Policy (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Diversity Statement (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Fee Payment Policy (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Governance – Gender Statement (2017)
- Hockey Geelong Governance – Sustainable Pitch Replacement Strategy (2017)
- Club Help – everything club volunteers need to know
- Hockey Australia
- Hockey International
- Hockey Victoria
- Leisure Networks – helping sporting clubs, community groups and people of all abilities to be healthy, active, inclusive and successful
- Play by the Rules – making sport inclusive, safe and fair
- Rules of Hockey video library
- Smartplay – a sport safety and injury prevention program
- Victoria Code of Conduct for Community Sport
- VicHealth – seeking to make health gains among Victorians by pre-empting and targeting improvements in health
- Working With Children Check – information and registration
- Insurance Claims
When you bank with your local Bendigo Bank branch in Geelong, you’re helping to support our club. How? It’s simple, Bendigo Bank share a percentage of their profits with the Geelong Hockey Association.
This means by simply doing your banking with the Bendigo, you’re helping grow Geelong Hockey Association.
Over the last 12 years, Bendigo Bank has contributed more than $2 million in grants and sponsorship to a variety of clubs and organisations in the Geelong region. But the club spirit does not stop there! By simply transferring your banking to the Bendigo, a percentage of the profits generated from your account will go back to help Geelong Hockey Association improve its services.
Geelong Hockey will be better able to provide improved additional playing facilities to aid current activites as well as developing a wider involvement in our community. This makes supporting your club as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Fill the form below and drop in to your local Bendigo Bank branch.
- Ask your friendly staff about transferring your banking to the Bendigo or setting up your existing accounts with Geelong Hockey Association. Then sit back and watch as our club benefits with a share of the profits generated.
- Tell your family, friends and business colleagues today so that we can all support Geelong Hockey Association.
It’s as easy as that.
- Bendigo Bank information sheet
- Bendigo Bank Form
- Bendigo Bank exisiting client form
- Bendigo Bank Renumeration Disclosure
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.