Geelong HA Local Comp
Local Rules for Hockey Geelong Competitions.
The following local rules apply for Hockey Geelong competitions for the winter season.
- Match times for Hockey Geelong competitions are:
- Senior men and women – 35 minute halves plus 5 minutes half time
- U10 to U17 junior – 25 minute halves plus 5 minutes half time
- U8 – 20 minute halves plus 5 minutes half time
- Tomahawk shots are allowed for U12, U14, U17 competitions as long as the stick is not raised above the shoulder and the shot is not dangerous or does not lead to dangerous play.
- In U17 competitions, a girl must take the first shot at a short corner. If there is no girl on the field at the time for the attacking team, the first shot at goal may be taken by a male but must be a push.
- Teams are asked to avoid intentionally passing the ball more than 5 m from the circle in order to allow a hit by a male.
- For the 2021 senior men’s and women’s competitions – In the last 4 rounds of the home and away competition, a Division 2 team may not include more than 2 players who are classed as Division 1 players.
- For the 2021 senior men’s and women’s competitions – when any match features a D1 team competing against a D2 team, umpires shall award Best and Fairest votes (3,2,1) to both teams, and record both separately on the team sheet.
Resources and forms
Keep up with the latest hockey schedules and find out when and where junior and senior hockey teams play next. Get directions to Geelong hockey grounds. Here you will also find all the latest hockey results via Revolutionise Sport. View Geelong Hockey Association Fixtures View Hockey Victoria Fixtures for the Hockey Geelong Sharks Vic League...
Hook In 2 Hockey is designed to introduce boys and girls aged between 5 and 10 to the game of hockey. Participants learn the skills and strategies of hockey in a safe, fun and welcoming environment, so previous experience is not needed. Games are played on smaller fields, with fewer players so everyone gets involved...
Winter Hockey runs from April through to September. There are divisions for people of all ages and experience. U6 (Joeys), U8 (Minkey), U10 | Saturday morning at Lloyd Reserve. U12, U14 and U17 | Weekend mornings at Stead Park. Division 1 and 2 Men’s and Women’s | Weekend afternoons at Stead Park. Contact your club to...
Summer Hockey commences every year in October and finishes in February, with a break over Christmas. Monday Nights: U11 at Geelong College Tuesday Nights: U13, U15 and U17 at Stead Park Wednesday Nights: Senior Mixed at Stead Park Wednesday Nights: U8 at Geelong College Thursday Nights: Mixed Masters at Stead Park Friday Nights: Friendly &...
The Bendigo Bank Account Name: Geelong Hockey Association BSB: 633 000 Account Number: 132548876 The Bendigo Bank Account Name: Geelong Hockey Association BSB: 633 000 Account Number: 165498197 Please ensure Surname, Initial and details in bank information or EFT (ie Smith, l – Uniform)
The Men’s and Women’s training sessions are underway. There are many changes each week so keep up-to-date by contacting the relevant person. Contact: Rachael Frost – frosticals3gmail.com S1- Thursday 8th Nov- Rippleside Park 6pm S2- Saturday 10th Nov- Stead Park 8am S3- Tuesday 13th Nov- Fyansford Pub 6pm S4- Saturday 17th Nov- Stead Park 8am S5-...