The summer hockey season for 2022/2023 will begin on October 10, with 10 weeks of competition prior to Christmas. The Under 8 competition will finish on December 12, but the remaining competitions will come back for another 4 weeks in February.
- Monday Nights: U8 and U10 at Stead Park
- Tuesday Nights: U12, U14, U17 at Stead Park
- Wednesday Nights: Senior Mixed at Stead Park
- Thursday Nights: Mixed Masters at Stead Park
- Friday Nights: Friendly & Family at Stead Park
Summer hockey is the ideal time to #HaveAGo at hockey as the focus is on having fun while keeping active. The games are half field with 7 players per team, so it’s a great environment for those who are beginning their hockey experience, or for those who are returning to the game after some time away.
How can you join a team?
Summer Hockey Player Registration
All players participating in the GHA summer competition must have paid either:
- Hockey Victoria membership for 2022 OR
- Hockey Victoria Summer Levy – $39 for Under 18, $51.50 for adults. This fee provides insurance cover until 31/12/2022, and must be paid online via the registration portal for your affiliated club or via the Hockey Geelong portal.
Information for Teams and Team Managers
Under 8 games are played on 1/4 size field, with 2 halves of 20 minutes and 5 minutes half time.
All other games are played on 1/2 pitch, with 2 halves of 25 minutes and 5 minutes half time. Teams may be responsible for putting out the dividing boards at the beginning of the game.
Coaches are permitted on the field in U8 and U10 games but should avoid obstructing the play.
A fully completed list of players should be submitted for each team entered BY SUNDAY OCTOBER 9.
Print off team sheets for your team as needed. Team sheets should be completed and signed by the umpires to verify the score for each game. Completed team sheets should be placed in the wooden box in the corridor leading to the toilets.
Summer Hockey Umpires
Each junior team is responsible for providing an umpire for their own game. Umpire payment is $10 for U10 games, and $15 for U12, U14, U17 games.
Senior Mixed teams will be rostered to supply an umpire at the alternate game time. If your umpire is unavailable it is your responsibility to organise a replacement.
Umpire payment for Senior, Masters and Friday Family games is $20.
If anyone is available to umpire for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night games, please contact Claire Barnes.
Summer Hockey Umpire Rosters
- 2022_2023 Summer hockey umpires rosters Junior
- 2022_2023 Summer hockey umpire rosters Senior
- 2022_2023 Summer hockey umpire rosters Masters
- 2022_2023 Summer hockey umpire rosters Friday Family
- Junior – U8 to U17 – Claire Barnes, ph 0417 015130
- Senior – volunteer wanted
- Masters – Phil Duval, ph 0408 612490
- Friday Family – Em Shand, ph 0401 065288