GHA Strategic Plan – Membership Growth meeting
A second meeting of the Membership Growth working group will be held on October 1, to discuss actions which will assist in the growth of membership.
Membership growth is an essential factor in maintaining a sustainable hockey community, and a very important aspect when approaching potential sponsors and grant providers. Facility development often relies heavily on membership growth and the sustainability of the community. Councils and funding providers do not wish to support facilities which become may under-used due to declining membership.
Strategies for membership growth may include:
- sustainable development of Hockey Roadshows in schools
- school promotion plans
- thriving Hookin2Hockey programs
- local introductory hockey programs
- junior girls competition/ program
- Access All Abilities programs
- summer hockey competitions
- reduced dropout of participants
If you have a suggestion or would like to contribute to the Membership Growth Pillar, please contact Peter Stuart, ph 0417 280118, for Zoom meeting details.