Senior & Masters Summer FixturesNovember 22, 2020
The 2020/2021 Geelong Hockey Association Senior and Masters Summer Hockey competitions begin on November 25/26.
Round 1 fixtures are available for both Senior and Masters competitions. The competitions will have 4 rounds before Christmas and a further 5 rounds in January/ February. The competitions are half-field for mixed teams with 7 players per team.
Each senior team will be responsible for supplying an umpire for the alternate game on the same field they play on.
Masters teams are required to supply an umpire for their own game.
If you are available to umpire, please let us know.
Competitions are available for:
- Wednesday – Senior Mixed – Stead Park, John St, Corio. 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Players must be aged at least 14 at July 1, 2020.
- Thursday – Masters Mixed – Stead Park, John St, Corio. 6.30 to 7.30 pm. Players must be aged at least 35 at July 1, 2020.
Hockey Victoria and Hockey Australia Membership
Each player must have paid either the 2020 Hockey Victoria/ Hockey Australia membership OR the COVID Summer Levy ($12). These fees provide personal accident insurance cover until 31/12/20. Check with your club for details.
New Players Welcome
Summer Hockey Rules
Rules of the GHA Summer competition can be found here
Note: as COVID regulations do not permit the sharing of equipment e.g. face masks, short corners will not be played for this summer season. A long corner will be played whenever a short corner would normally be awarded.
COVID Safety Rules
Please note the following important points:
- Wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Do not share equipment or water bottles.
- ‘Participant bubble’ concept – keep teams and coaches together for training and matches, meaning that players should only play for a single team and that coaches should only coach a single team to prevent any potential cross-infection among different teams.
- Participants are permitted to umpire one game and play in another but when umpiring should maintain their distance from the participants and not gather with the teams or groups of players.
- Games may take place with the number of players plus the necessary coaches and umpires.
- Everyone should carry a face mask with them, and wear it when you are not able to socially distance, e.g. when entering the venue or when warming up.
- Spectators are not permitted unless they are supervising children or supporting a participant with additional needs. If spectators are present, they must wear a face mask when not able to maintain a social distance, and should not gather in groups of more than 10 people.
COVID reporting and attendance records
For COVID reporting reasons, every person who enters the venue must record their attendance. This will be done via a QR code, which will be displayed at the entrance to Stead Park.
Make sure that you bring your phone with you. On scanning the QR code, HV registered members will be asked for their username and password. Once you have entered these credentials, you will be checked-in. Check out again on leaving the venue.
HV non-members/ guests can scan the QR code and enter their name and contact details, but do not need to check out on leaving.